Sunday, March 25, 2012

Reasons why I could never be a conservative

I don't believe that corporations are people.
I also don't believe that collections of cells living off nutrients from a woman's body deserve more rights than the women who are bearing them.
I cannot condone discrimination based on gender or sexual orientation.
I don't think it's right to force my moral opinions on people. If I'm not going to do something, I have the right to not do it, but if someone else wants to, that's none of my business.
I care about the very poor, and I don't buy into the rhetoric I hear people spouting that says if they would just work harder, they'd be rich too.
I don't think it's America's duty to be an international police force.
I wish that Congress was representative of the country's demographics (i.e. not predominantly white, male, heterosexual, Christian, etc.)
Oh, and I believe in global warming.

1 comment: