Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Day 18: Something you miss.

Startalk.

Yeah. I miss that place. Probably the best 7 weeks of my life so far. I miss learning so much every day and being in an environment with people who love Chinese as much as I do. I miss crazy late nights with my 室友们. I miss making fun of the EFY kids escorting each other around campus. I miss watching Laura eat 6 plates of pasta every meal in the Cannon. I miss massage circles and playing the ha ha game. I miss being able to speak our special brand of Chinglish and being understood. I miss playing 乒乓球. I miss Purple Stuff parties. I miss 中文天。I miss the 老师s. I miss going for walks on Sundays and climbing trees in the 公园。 I miss the smell of calligraphy ink. I miss making up silly dialogues. I miss the flyswatter game and character races. I miss our music videos.

But most of all, I miss my friends. I miss the closeness that comes from being dedicated to something so much. I miss just being able to hold hands with or hug everyone. I miss group hugs and collapsing in a heap together. I miss singing 童话 and 对面的女孩 and the 朋友 song (with chanting in the background). I miss being able to be me and still being loved. I miss everyone's quirks. I miss playing silent football and mafia.

I applied to be an RF this year... but I have no overseas experience, so I doubt I'll get the job. I just need to be back there.

1 comment: