Saturday, March 24, 2012

Day 20: Something you wonder "What if?" about

What if water followed the same rule as most other substances and grew more dense when it froze?

4 comments:

  1. Then all the water on earth would freeze and we would all die, that's what.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a scientist or really a science enthusiast or very knowledgeable about the subject at all, but my inkling is that because there are specific physical reasons why water expands when it freezes the first consequences wouldn't be seen in water as we know it but in the larger scheme of physical laws governing the universe.
    Ignoring that I guess it would mean that soda would implode when you leave it in the freezer too long, and I would imagine that erosion would slow down a bit as ice stops expanding cracks in rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nuclear war. (I'm sure we could find enough evidence to link it that far...or at least you could;)

    ReplyDelete