I am thankful for so many things right now. One of these is my family. My parents are amazing. They have been so supportive throughout the whole process of diagnosis and surgery, and they continue to be caring and wonderful as I am recovering. I think they came every day I was in the ICU. My siblings all visited me when I was in the hospital, and they've been great about giving me a peaceful house in which to rest, and are generally very helpful. Extended family has been encouraging as well, like when my aunt MeriAnn visited me at the hospital and brought me books and flowers.
The other person I am immensely grateful for is my boyfriend, Ben. He was with me in the hospital as much as he possibly could. He rubbed my feet, stroked my hair, and held my hand when I was in pain. He brought me games and books and gave me a stuffed spider he's had for 16 years. He coaxed me to eat, reminded me to do breathing exercises, helped me to the bathroom, and generally made me want to get better faster. Even after Hospital Day 3 when I started to smell, he would kiss my forehead and tell me that I was beautiful. Yesterday when I came home, he brought me food and games, and spent the afternoon and evening making sure I was comfortable. Ben is without a doubt the best boyfriend in the world.
My attention span is limited, so that's all for tonight.
No comments:
Post a Comment