Saturday, April 21, 2012

Breaking up is hard to do. (but not for the reason you think it is.)

You know what sucks? Being the person in a relationship who likes the other person more.

You know what sucks more? Being the other person.

Allow me to explain. You feel like a horrible person all the time because when they say "I love you more," you know they're probably right. You wonder if you should just break up, but you don't want to hurt their feelings. Although when you started dating everything was peachy-keen, you just aren't feeling it any more.

So eventually, you do just break up. (and I can't talk in second-person any longer).

I feel bad that I don't feel bad. I hope I didn't break his heart. But I just wasn't feeling it any more, and at this point in my life there's no reason to continue in a relationship that I don't want 100%.

Yay for being single! :D

1 comment: